Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 (Day 5)

FRENCH 8B

Four students were in the Chaise Chaud as we finished out the first topic.  The students then discussed and practiced the avoir and être verbs by going through a sheet and playing a Kahoot.  We will be having a quiz on these verbs on Tuesday, October 24th so please study.  The following students still need to e-mail me their avoir/être poster:  Dallan, Quinn, John Paul, Colbey, Jax

FRENCH 7A

Three students were in the Chaise Chaud.  We reviewed the verb Avoir with a video and card games.  
We also discussed how to use our French/English dictionaries.
For example: 
If I am looking for the word combine as in the machine used at harvest I find the above.  The first choice "combiner" is a verb (vt, vi).  Then "association" is a noun (n). The correct choice is "moissonneuse-batteuse (-lieuse)" f.  The f means it is feminine so when you use it in a sentence you will need an une or a la. 
Example:  Il a une moissonneuse-batteuse. (He has a combine.)  
*Remember you need to include an une or a la when it is a feminine noun.

If I am looking for the word cat I will find n "chat" m.  This means cat is a noun and is masculine so when I use it in a sentence I will need an un or a le.
Example:  J'ai un chat.  (I have one cat.)  if I had 2 cats then the sentence would be J'ai deuxchats.
*Remember you need to include an un or a le when it is a masculine noun.
If I am looking for the word glasses I will find npl (spectacles) luneetes (fpl).  This lets me know the word is a plural noun (npl) and it is a feminine one (fpl) sp when I use it in a sentence I need to use les or des and add an s to show it is plural.
Example:
Elle a des lunettes.  (She has glasses.)
*Remember you need les or des and an s when it is a plural noun.
If I am looking for the word happy I will find adj heureux(-euse).    This means happy is an adjective (adj) and it can be masculine heureux (before the brackets) or feminine heureuse( by changing the ending to what is in the brackets.
Example:  Il est heureux.  (He is happy.)  OR Elle est heureuse. (She is happy.)
Note:  Some adjectives are the same for both feminine and masculine and won't change.  
Example:  Il est triste.  (he is sad.)  Elle est triste. (She is sad.)

ELA 9A & 9B

The students had ten minutes of silent reading.  They then had the rest of the class to work on their Remembrance Day poem rough draft.  They will need to hand in their planning/rubric sheet, rough draft and a good copy at the end of class tomorrow.  So today they need to get their rough draft done (it is homework if not done during class).  Tomorrow we begin editing.

Remember the criteria:
  • 25-32 lines
  • theme of remembrance
  • respectful tone
  • organized (introduction, body, conclusion)
  • free on mechanical errors
  • one consistent voice
  • contain 3 literary devices






No comments:

Post a Comment