Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 (Day 3)

SENIOR FRENCH

The students spent the class watching and answering questions about their Verb Powtoons.  Here is an example of a completed Powtoon:  Verb Powtoon

CAREERS 8B

The students did their first session for their Young Workers Readiness Certificate Course.  I think we now have everyone with a login that works.  If you had login problems please spend a few minutes to get caught up before next class. Remember you need headphones or earbuds for next class.

ELA 9A

The students read for ten minutes.  Then they had time to write the following types of poems.





FRENCH 8A

The students received an Adjective Dictionary.  We went through family and pet vocabulary and added the following pets:

Mon araignée  (my spider)      Mon mygale (my tarantula)
Mon oiseau (my bird)             Mon perruche (my parrot)
Mon lézard (my lizard)           Mon salamandre (my salamander)
Mon cochon (my pig)             Mon mouton (my sheep)
Mon papillon (my butterfly)   Ma tortue (my turtle)
Ma poule (my chicken)           Mon canard (my duck)
Ma licorne (my unicorn)         Mon dragon (my dragon)

Then the students worked on an avoir versus être sheet.
Remember in French:
*you have so many years for age  --> Il a dix ans.
*you have thirst -->  Vous avez soif.
*you have hunger --> Elle a faim.

WARRIOR TIME

The 11B's signed up for the next round of sessions and had some general work time.  If you were absent see Miss Riddell to sign up.

ELA 9B

The students read for 10 minutes.  Then we discussed their metaphors for the stages of life.  Then the students started working on writing some different types of poetry.








No comments:

Post a Comment