Friday, September 2, 2016

Thursday, September 1st and Friday, September 2nd

WELCOME BACK!

It is great to be starting another new year at UCHS and welcoming new faces and catching up with returning students.  This year I am teaching grade 7 and 8 French classes, grade 8 computers, grade 9 ELA, and the senior French for grades 10, 11, and 12.  On this blog I will continue to post daily events in class, upcoming assignments and tests, due dates, and other relevant information.

ELA 9A & 9B

Students have received my class expectations and their course outlines.  We've been discussing books and I've done book talks on several novels (An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hatfield, The Raven Boys (Book 1) by Maggie Stiefvater, The Firm by John Grisham, and Before I Fall  by Lauren Oliver.)  Students will be setting reading goals and be expected to have a book for reading both inside and outside of class.



French 7A & 7B

It is great getting to know these new students, although many I've taught at UPS.  As a class we've gone over my class expectations and their course outlines. We've also started a basic review commencing with the French Alphabet:


French 8A & 8B

It is great getting reacquainted with these students and hearing a bit about their summers..  As a class we've gone over my class expectations and their course outlines. We've also started a basic review commencing with the French Alphabet, O Canada, and moving onto numbers.


HAVE A SUPER LONG WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment