Thursday, March 7, 2019

Thursday, March 7, 2019 (day 5)

ELA 9A & 9B

The students read for ten minutes.  They then had some time to finish up the questions for Act Three before we started to correct Act 3.  9A finished correcting and 9B has 3 questions left. 

FRENCH 8A

Three students were in the Chaise Chaud.  We continued presentations of the Music posters.  Posters are now overdue and should be done for next class Tuesday, March 12th.  We also reviewed Avoir and started to practice using the past tense.
pronoun + Avoir conjugated + past participle

ER --> É   jouer --> joué

Je joue au basketball. PRESENT - I play basketball.
J'ai joué au basketball. PAST I have played basketball.

IR --> I  finir --> fini

Je finis mes devoirs. PRESENT - I finish my homework.
J'ai fini mes devoirs.  PAST - I finished my homework.

RE --> U   attendre --> attendu

J'attends l'autobus.  PRESENT - I wait for the bus.
J'ai attendu.              PAST - I waited for the bus.

We played a Kahoot to practice.

SOCIAL 7B

Today we discussed population maps and how the populations of Canada and the United States compare. We looked at choropleth maps (using colour to share information) and dot density maps (using dots to represent so many people per square kilometre.)

Here is a quick video on how empty Canada really is: Video and Article

CAREERS 8A

The students had this class to continue work on their slideshow about a job of their choice.  They will have one more class to work on this and then it will be due.

We had a SADD presentation at the end of the day. If you'd like to take the pledge to stop Impaired Driving look for the following on Social Media #missionTBK

No comments:

Post a Comment