Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thursday, November 10, 2016 - Day 5

*NO SCHOOL Friday and Monday.  Enjoy your long weekend and thank a veteran!

*Tuesday will be the Junior (7-9) Student Led Conferences from 4:30 - 8:00 pm. Report cards will be available at this time.

ELA 9A & 9B

Today the students had double ELA classes so they read twice.  We also read Chapter 4 of "The Outsiders" and did questions on the chapter.  If you were absent hand in your questions next day so I can correct them for you.
We also assembled our SLC binders with strength and area of improvement paragraphs and some samples of ELA work.  I hope students will be adding other evidence of their learning, from other subjects, before SLC's on Tuesday.
Any outstanding assignments need to be in by midnight tonight or they will appear as IE (insufficient evidence) on report cards.

Computers 8

The students had this class to finish work on different shot types for filming and catch up outstanding summative assessments.

*Congratulations to Carlynn & Kenny on their poetry wins from the Legion.

I Know war
by Carlynn

I know war.

I know many soldiers fought,
For a freedom that could not be bought.

I know they all had important roles,
But the memories of war,
Would leave them unwhole.

I know there were countless times,
The brave men and women wished,
To be home instead of at war, confined.

I know thy fought through the cold December,
So we would remember,
The sacrifices they made.

I don’t know war.

I don’t know the thoughts that went through their heads,
As they laid terrified in their beds.

I don’t know the things they saw,
Guns being fired, piercing bullets,
Into their friends, raw.

I don’t know how many wives cried,
When they were informed,
That their loved ones had died.

I don’t know the unimaginable pain they felt,
As they smelt
The powder from the gun.

I like to think I know,
What the soldiers went through,
But I really don’t know,
What the soldiers did for me and you.

War is not like in Video Games
By Kenny

War is not like in video games
When you die you don’t get another shot
People you know get affected
You are not some invincible man
One shot can kill you

War is not like in video games
You are not a one man army
You need to work together
You will lose other soldiers
There are friends that will die

War is not like in video games
There are close calls to actual death
You will see others die
You will be emotionally scarred
You will be completely changed

War is not like in video games
You will never be the same
Unsee what you have seen
Never be able to describe what happened
People won't know the pain

War is not like in video games
People will stare at you
With respect or curiosity
It will be hard to adjust back
War has effects on people

No comments:

Post a Comment